I don’t have an aversion to learning new things, or even implementing fresh ideas into a tried and true game plan when it comes to growing my writing business. I’m in total agreement with the adage “even old dogs can learn new tricks” in this arena; not that I’m calling myself old- mind you. Okay, maybe a tad seasoned:)
In 2010 there were definitely lessons of take away value I learned when it came to blogging. The information highway via the blogosphere is ablaze with something for every blogger, whether labeled newbie, or, seasoned . Here are 5 helpful & strategic tactics I took away from 2010 that will insure my blogging success in 2011 and beyond.
1. Establish relationships- bloggers know by now that networking and communicating with other bloggers and writers is a necessity for a blog’s survival. How you network is just as important as where. Most of us think of Social Media outlets: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for starters. Those are the popular ways of connecting with people. Attending non profit organizations is another. I met quite a few people at one such meeting, networking and exchanging business cards keeps me in the loop about upcoming fundraisers, jobs and so forth.
2. Reopen communication with past clients- I’m finding myself biting the bullet these days by being proactive and contacting folks to ask how they’re doing; what projects they’re working on and is there anything they’d like to share with my readers. Most times, responses are positive. Reconnecting with past clients are popular with your blog readers because they’re familiar with that person’s prior work.
3.It’s about your clients- By being sincere in your work, you’re going to earn people’s trust. Blogging about what’s important to us is a good thing, but, if we’re trying to offer our services to others, we have to remember, it’s about them and not us. When we establish trust, the word quickly spreads that your product, or, brand can be trusted as well.
4. Inform Family/friends of your blogging venture – This can be a bit tricky because sometimes it’s your closest relationships that will ultimately disappoint you. They might wonder why you want to go that route, or shut you down as a dreamer. On the other hand, family and friends in business for themselves will understand and embrace your efforts. They might even connect you to friends of theirs in business as well…I landed a gig blogging for a realtor through family recommendation.
5. Advertise- Yep, I said advertise, as in spend a little money on exposing your business to the masses. Local Premium Business Listings in your area promotes brand awareness by placing newspaper, banner ads, customer reviews and testimonials.
These take away lessons will surely aid your blogging success in 2011…Onward and upward!
What take away blogging tactics will you carry into 2011?
- 10 Social Media Apps to Watch in 2011 (wchingya.com)
- Web 3.0 Blogging in 2011 (blacksonville.net)
4 thoughts on “5 Take-Away Blogging Tactics Of 2010”
Wonderful points. You are so right. I need to implement these in the new year…once I work through the unfinished 2010 projects…
Have a great weekend,
Guess what? I was headed over to comment on Write Now. I thank you for stopping in and yes, you do have a lot of “stuff” ahead for the New Year, alright!
Helpful tips here. I definitely agree with # 5, which I ultimately plan to do more of in 2011!
Signing up with Local.Com in the Illinois area would be a good place to start. I did some time ago & exposure is evident…
And about that “Clara who” bit? Wasn’t funny, alright! Anyhoo, we’ll hash it out, come June:)