Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all avid readers and writers!
Good evening. You guys know by now just how much I love collecting and sharing great writing quotes from every caliber of writers. It doesn’t matter who said it, as long as there’s a bit of sage advice in the message. So, I decided what better gift to share with my awesome comrades in readership than writing quotes to enjoy along with their holiday festivity? I know, I done good, right? 🙂
Anyho, without further ado, here’s 18 memorable writer quotes to top off your holiday reading:
- “Don’t write to become the next great somebody, write to be the next you- the one and only you, the writer/author our world needs to meet” – Wayne Dyer
- “The only limit to your success is your own imagination” – Shondra Rhimes
- ” Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry” – Mark Twain
- “It’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way” – Ernest Hemingway
- ” I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose” – Stephen King
- ” Writing is its own reward” – Henry Miller
- “You learn by writing short stories. Keep writing short stories. The money’s in novels, but writing short stories keeps your writing lean and pointed” – Larry Niven
- “To produce a mighty book, you must choose a mighty theme” – Herman Melville
- ” A poet can survive everything but a misprint” – Oscar Wilde
- ” Never use a long word where a short one will do” – George Orville
- ” I would advise anyone who aspires to a writing career that before developing his talent he would be wise to develop a thick skin” – Harper Lee
- “Write drunk, edit sober” – Ernest Hemingway
- “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt” – Sylvia Plath
- “No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader” – Robert Frost
- “The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination” – Richard Wright
- “Wait, wait, wait, wait. Don’t try to write-through it, to force it. Many do, but that won’t work. Just wait, it will come” – Toni Morrison
- “Writing isn’t about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it’s about enriching the live of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life as well. It’ about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay?” – Stephen King
- “You can’t rest on your laurels. Your own body of work is yet to come” – President Barack Obama
So, there you have it folks, 18 holiday quotes from esteemed writers and authors for your reading pleasure. My gift to all of my loyal and faithful readers, colleagues, writers and authors everywhere.
Have the warmest, healthiest and happiest Christmas and New Year possible! I hope to see all of you along with new friends, readers and followers back here in 2016:)
BTW : If you felt good vibrations from today’s post, feel free to chime in and let us know the quote that resonated with you, on your writing journey.